Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Fine Hardwood Furniture Job Done



If you've been following my previous posts, you know that I've been busy building a custom bedroom set.  Well, today the bedroom set left my shop and is on  its journey from  here in  Vermont to its excited owner  in New Mexico.

Shown below is the fully constructed bed.  It's made of some beautiful cherry wood harvested in Pennsylvania and purchased from my local wholesaler.  I hadn't bought such clear, flat lumber in a long time, if ever.  This is my own contemporary-designed arched bed.



Although my camera likes to throw in a little distortion, here is my own design of a contemporary dresser.  My customer wanted a very sleek, simple look and didn't want any drawer pull hardware.  The drawers have a hand-hold routed out of the bottom front edge for easy grasping and operation.




And finally, my custom-designed night table which matches the dresser and compliments the bed.  I made two of these for my customer.


















The shipping company did a fabulous job blanket wrapping all of these pieces of furniture and I am very confident that they will make it safely to the western part of the country.

Thanks for reading,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment