Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Tall Post Bed with Canopy Rails and Finials

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  The weather has been brilliant here in Vermont for the past several days although it rained all day yesterday.  But we needed it for all of the vegetable gardens that are currently getting planted as well as the lawns which were beginning to burn.

I haven't mentioned this before, but I do a lot of furniture building for a retail furniture store in Stowe, VT.  I have recently received permission from the store manager to post pictures and information about their work.  The name of the store is Vermont Furniture Works and they've been in business for many years and have built furniture for people in almost every one of the 50 states as well as several other countries.

I absolutely love their furniture selection and have felt very fortunate to be one of their builders.  I spent the better part of May building two of their Tall Post Beds with canopy rails and finials.  These are made from soft maple and stained a dark cherry.


The beds are full sized but of course can be made in any size.  They have various headboard options as well as finial options.  If you want a bed like this and get in touch with Vermont Furniture Works to place an order please ask for me as your builder!

If you click here, you can see some of the custom beds that I have built for my own customers.

Thanks for reading,
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Sue,
    What a great bed. You should be proud of it. I'll definitely have to check out Vermont Furniture Works next time I'm in Stowe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dyami! Yes, please check them out. They just moved to a beautiful new storefront right down behind Shaw's General Store. Their period furniture selection is gorgeous.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete